Thursday, August 11, 2011

Here we go!

Today I got to thinking about how my life has changed.

I got to thinking about how being a "newlywed" has never quite been explained. Although I didn't know exactly how it would feel to be a high school grad, a college student, or an engaged bride-to-be, when things happened i still kind of knew what to expect. But ever since the hubs and I got back from our honeymoon, I've realized that I have never heard what to expect out of newly-wed life - let alone what to expect out of my new role as a wife!

We got married on July 30th of this year- just a short 12 days ago. The past 12 days have honestly been the happiest days of my life. I am so thrilled to be married to my best friend (as cheesy as that sounds).
The feeling of being newly married is so surreal. There is a comfort and security that has come over me that is truly indescribable. I want to fully enjoy exploring this new stage of my life, every emotion, every fear, and every twist and turn that being a newly-wife will bring.

So, here it is. The Newly-wife Life blog. I intend to keep things as honest and uncensored as is publicly-internet-appropriate. Although my only intention in writing this is for my own reflections, if any of you out there happen upon this - I hope I'm not completely boring and that maybe in some small way I can encourage you to reflect on your own stage of life- no matter what it may be.

- Mrs. Knox

No comments:

Post a Comment